Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Admiral Ackbar’s Warning Unheeded



Alright, so a new blog!  Just what the world needs is another place for a person to blather on about their problems and think that someone is actually interested in them.  The way I see it, who cares?  I mean since there are already a near infinite set of medium for crap trapped forever in the blogosphere, not to mention the pothole permeated information highway, what’s one more? 
If you actually took the time to read my profile, which I know you didn’t but are looking for at the moment thanks to my not so subliminal suggestion, you might be able to piece together the meaning behind the name of this latest technological commode.  But then again, maybe my intended meaning eluded you straight down the drain.  So what is the meaning behind Ethereal Metaphysics With Distortion?  

The first two parts should self-evident.  But just in case you don’t give a rip about theology or philosophy there is the last part, “With Distortion.”  This is the fun part.  As you should know by now since you should have finished reading my profile by this time, I love my music.  I love my music played loudly.  (If you couldn’t figure this out from the Megadeth reference I will pray for you.)  One of the instruments I play is guitar.  While I love classical and acoustic guitar, like the Pax Romana offered from the electricity coursing amongst the pickups resonating with the strings once plugged in, all guitars lead to the electric guitar.  At the moment I a favoring a very over processed sound.   I am using the Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier with my overdrive and phaser preamp and stereo tape delay and reverb effect loop after. 
I know that might not mean much to you.  In fact if you don’t play guitar and you do understand it you have no life what so ever.  Why on earth do you know this?
Anyway, Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier is used Killswitch Engage, Tool, Testament, Dream Theater, Lamb of God etc….  It is a staple in the metal guitar arsenal.  And since I keep the gain all the up and use my stomp box overdrive level and gain all the way up and my low, mid and high set around 6, 6 and 5 respectively, I play with heavy distortion.

It is in the distortion where you find the interplay of reality and desire.  It is the escape, the expression, the quiet in which often times the truth is found.  Distortion is where the fun is.  I mean, can this face lie?
 
He is having way too much fun.
So that is what Ethereal Metaphysics With Distortion is.  This is my flushing zone.  One day might be about my guitar the next gleanings from AquinasSumma Theologica.    Feel to bother me about ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment